At this time of writing no one can be sure when this crisis will be over, nor how long the current restrictions will remain unchanged, nor if these restrictions will be increased for the public good. We urge that anyone with an acute issue or have concerns for the health or the comfort of their feet or lower limbs, contact us or their preferred health care provider for assistance.
We do however wish to provide a safe environment for all during this COVID-19 crisis and to help limit the transmission of this highly infectious virus.
Community Precautionary Measures
We should all be doing the following when we leave our homes:
- First and foremost, if you are experiencing a fever, a cough, a sore throat, shortness of breath or flu-like symptoms please seek medical attention. If you suspect you may have COVID-19, please call the coronavirus hotline for advice on 1800 020 080.
- If you have recently come into close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus, please isolate yourself at home for 14 days. Please call the coronavirus hotline for advice on 1800 020 080 and closely monitor your health.
- If you are currently undergoing testing for coronavirus, you must remain self-isolated until you receive your results and that those results are negative for coronavirus.
- If you have recently travelled from overseas you must self-isolate for 14 days. This applies to all travellers including Australian citizens.
These policies of public safety will be updated regularly to reflect any new governmentally enforced restrictions.
Please feel free to also call our reception team on 03 93878555 should you have any queries.
Precautionary measures taken within our clinics
Whilst podiatry has been deemed an essential service and that we are able to keep our practices open; we are also part of the community striving to do what we can to minimise the spread of this dreadful coronavirus, COVID-19.
We have implemented a number of precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our valued staff and patients.
- Ready availability of hand sanitiser, and
- Our patients have the option to call our practice when they arrive, wait in their car and be called when their practitioner is available, and
- Staggered appointment times to minimise the number of people in our clinic, and
- Extra time between appointments to allow time for cleaning between patients, and
- Enhanced cleaning measures of all rooms and surfaces, and
- Zero-contact, non-cash payment options available, and
- Masks and gloves used by staff where applicable, and
- Social distancing applied in our waiting rooms with spaced chairs, and
- We are considering the introduction of temperature testing.
- Each member of our team has completed the COVID-19 Infection Control Training Course.
We hope that you, your friends and your family are safe and healthy. We will continue to provide a quality foot care throughout this time. We will keep you updated as new information becomes available to the community.